Data Scientists will work to generate demand for big data and analytical solutions across internal Telkom and external Telkom’s Enterprise Customer, with the objective of securing new business for the TELKOM Indonesia.
This will include positioning and delivering big data proof-of-concept projects. Because big data technologies are relatively new to the Asia market, it is anticipated that prospective customers may want to see a proof-of-concept demonstration of the technology before committing to investing in it. Working closely with the existing TELKOM Account Teams successful candidates will qualify opportunities; identify valuable use-cases; and deploy TELKOM technology to demonstrate its utility and value to the customer’s satisfaction.
In addition, Data Scientists will be expected to present for TELKOM at conferences or at a senior level within customer and prospect organisations, and to actively engage with existing TELKOM Account and Professional Services teams to foster knowledge transfer and the sharing of relevant skills and experience. Data Scientists may also be called upon to undertake post-sales implementation work, if / as required. As such, successful candidates will be expert in the application of advanced statistical and analytical methods to the solution of business problems and will also demonstrate excellent people skills.
Successful candidates will –
- Engage with TELKOM Account teams and prospective customers to analyse and understand customer requirements;
- Frame the problem that the customer is attempting to solve, specify an analytical solution to the problem and establish, in conjunction with the other members of the TELKOM team, that it is feasible to solve this problem, and help to identify the most appropriate TELKOM technology;
- Take the lead in using the solution to drive business benefit for the customer and in quantifying the benefits of the solution and articulating these to the customer;
- Continue to work with the customer, post-implementation, to enable them to deploy the solution as widely as possible;
- Document the analytical use-cases – and the benefits that were realized – and share this expert knowledge with the wider, global Teradata, to enable similar solutions to be deployed more widely, thus driving increased levels of business for the TELKOM Indonesia;
- Support the Big Data CoE with demand generation and technical marketing, as required, including work at internal and external conferences.
- Be willing to work across the TELKOM International region, and across multiple industry verticals.
Successful candidates must –
- Have 5 years hands-on experience in the exploitation of data and the use of advanced statistical and modelling techniques to understand and improve business performance in at least one major industry vertical;
- Be a clear, confident and persuasive communicator, with excellent presentation skills and with the ability to structure a coherent, logical argument and the confidence to defend assumptions, projections and recommendations;
- Demonstrate a keen interest in, and fair understanding of, big data technology and the business trends that are driving the adoption of this technology;
- Be proficient in the use of both written and spoken business English;
- Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and people skills, including the ability to work independently and appropriately prioritise between competing opportunities.
Successful candidates will preferably –
- Have a background in business and/or technology consulting;
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of either Statistics; Mathematical Modelling; or Behavioural Economics, preferably to post-graduate level;
- Be familiar with both SQL and at least one of the following procedural programming languages C; C ; C#; Java; Python; Perl; R.
- Have competencies or certification (e.g: CRM Analytics, Data Modellar, Data Strategist, Machine Learning, Video Analytics, Data Engineer, Growth Hacking, Deep Learning, NLP, Business Analytics, Project Management, Domain Expert, or Data Visualization) from trusted institutions recognized by professional organizations.
- Bachelor degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or Computer Science.
- Having knowledge about Big Data Technology.
- Having a very good understanding about statistics and machine learning.
- Fluent in English
How to apply:
24 May 2019 – 30 June 2019